Slippery Snippets
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
  He's not dead; he's just resting.

Hello all. What a busy year, and it's only March! As some may have noticed development of SnippetsEmu has pretty much come to a halt. This is due to a couple of things; 1.0 works fairly well and I've been stuck in Swindon and will be until June.


That's not to say that I've been ignoring the bug reports, and the majority of people who've emailed me have had replies (apologies to those who slipped through the net). I may be able to get some time in a couple of weeks and I'm going to concentrate on a couple of things and roll out another release. The plan is to tidy up the bundles (including getting rid of the '.' snippet in Python; that's been annoying me no end), get rid of the Unicode start and end tags (caused too many problems) and try and work out a solution which prevents auto-syntax from breaking. This last one is the biggest problem and will require the rewriting of the snippets, but I think that the result will be worth it (if only because it will silence all the Ruby programmers who've been complaining ;-). The idea is to 'paste' the snippets into the file so they will have to be defined with 'local' indenting. I.e. the plugin will ensure they don't all start at the beginning of the line but you'll have to ensure your loops are indented to your requirements. Define them with tabs and the plugin will convert to spaces if required.


I'm going to try and post here a bit more often, though doing so will involve me expanding the range of topics. So look forward to posts on (in no particular order) food, Python, web development, Excel, Word, office apps in general and whatever else takes my fancy.

 
Comments:
Hi Felix,

good to see you alive :)
Can you write an answer to my issue #46 question ?

Thanks,
Kib.
 
That'll teach me to come out of hiding ;-)

I've posted an answer. Looks like there's no easy way to grab a function's args when using python. Let me know if you find a better way.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / July 2007 / September 2007 / February 2008 / June 2009 / December 2010 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]