Slippery Snippets
Monday, October 09, 2006
  Vim Project Plugin


Not a SnippetsEmu related post but hopefully of use to some Vim users.



I use the Project plugin (get it here) to keep track of files that I'm editing. It's a great little plugin though is a bit flaky under Windows (there's some problems with the way it constructs paths which affects some of the nicer features such as greping and auto entry completion)



One thing I've just noticed, however, is that one can trip up when using the CD property. When set the current working directory can be changed when opening a file. I normally set this to be CD=. which will CD to the directory in which the file is located. The problem I've found, however, is that you can end up overwritting files when you split the view (as I did with snippetsEmu). My tip for avoiding this is to set the CD at a suitably high level. I've set mine at the root of each project. This allows files to be saved but stops the status line from getting too cluttered.



Hopefully someone finds this useful.

 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / July 2007 / September 2007 / February 2008 / June 2009 / December 2010 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]